Our Haberdashery

As well as the site’s brewhouse past..

the excavations uncovered a raft of original timber beams and joists, one of which bears the name John Creeth. John was a haberdasher who ran his shop under lease at 61 Thomas St from 1850-1859. Thomas St was a bustling hive of industry and John Creeth’s was the best spot to exchange the news of the day. Some of The Liberties finest story tellers would stop in for buttons, a spool of thread and a good old chat. Swapping stories for string, trading tales for thread, John Creeth’s was the hub for the community and the characters that made it up.

We’ve named the pub after John Creeth..

and have brought together bits and bobs of haberdashery to help preserve this history and celebrate one of the Libertie’s oldest trades.